BaoAce offers experienced math tutoring service for grade 1-12. Small group or one-on-one lessons.
Meet the teacher
April has worked in education for 5 years. Her work experience covers classroom teaching and online teaching in Mathematics, Programming and Chinese fields. Below is a brief introduction.
• Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Math. Awarded the USRA (Undergraduate Student Research Award) by NSERC (Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council) in August 2004;
• Technical Skills include: Lego Mindstorms EV3, S-plus, SQL, VBA, APL, AXIS, Access, FoxPro, Excel, PowerPoint, Sybase Database System and MoSes;
• Mathematics tutor for high school, middle school and elementary school for 5 years; Experienced in working with both talented and struggling learners;
• Taught math teachers who are from China SAT prep classes;
• Database Developer and Data Analyst for 5 years;
• Worked as an actuary in the U.S. for 10 years;
• Detail-oriented, self-motivated, very patient and energetic.
SAT Prep Lessons
The Khan Academy SAT learning process is the basis for the SAT prep that I offer. The lessons presented can be worked on without assistance (on your own) or by having a highly skilled math coach to assist with each lesson.
You will do the lessons, and as you want assistance, or need a greater level of understanding of the concepts presented, I will be there to make the lessons come alive for you.
I have taught all levels of high school math, from basic to AP Calculus BC, and have the ability to make the concepts which are critical in doing well on the SAT, clear and practical for my students. So, work on your own, or join me in mastering the lessons of the Math Section of the SAT.
When completing a practice test, you will gain so much more than just your performance, you will be guided based on what you answer correctly and incorrectly into great understanding and the best chance for overall improvement. I look forward to working with you to improve your SAT Math Composite score.